As 2014 draws to a close, we look back and review the gains and the losses of another year filled with tough challenges for commercial lenders, community-based financial institutions, and their boards.
There were some successes, as most institutions continued to put credit problems and the related losses behind them, and institutions in many markets experienced solid portfolio growth. However, it was a tough year for loan pricing all around, as too much supply chased too little demand, and where simply maintaining prior balance levels at moderately lower rates was still a difficult task for many.
This webinar covered the major trends of 2014 including the following topics, and more:
- How did community-based financial institutions fare versus their larger competitors?
- Which markets experienced portfolio growth, stagnation, or decline?
- How did loan yields vary by market and by product type?
- When fees were collected, what did they average and on which products were they applied?
- How much did the continuing decline of credit costs add to product profitability?